Friday, September 12, 2014

Impacts of Social Networking

Social networking has taken a substantial role in many people's daily lives. Many have grown dependent on social websites and would feel a withdrawal if they do not have access to it. Social networking websites function like an online community of internet users who interact with others based on a common interest. With information through your profile, outsiders can view and connect with you. However, is social networking affecting us positively or negatively? I believe that it can help us expand our network and develop friendships but sometimes, it can become a distraction from the real world. Unknowingly, social networking affects us physically, socially, and emotionally in good and bad ways. As someone who uses many social networking sites, through researching, I hope to learn in depth the positive and negative impacts social networking has on our lives. 

2 comments:

  1. I think your topic for your term paper is interesting and it definitely relates to all of us. In today's society, we are so attached to the internet and the virtual world that we tend to neglect and appreciate what is around us in "real-time". I agree with you in terms of being impacted by social media in both good and bad ways. I am interested in seeing how you will go upon completing the research and your thoughts on how we are influenced by these sites.

    Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you Emily. Social networking sites can be a distraction. I try to refrain from going onto Facebook or Instagram so I can focus directly on my homework. It's hard to resist from using social media but hopefully in the future social media will impact our society more positively than negatively.

    ReplyDelete